Use this form only to report an online seller of human medicines if you have any concerns not covered below:
- Companies based in Great Britain, are no longer required to be registered with MHRA and display the Distance Selling Logo. They will not appear in the MHRA’s Online medicines seller register. The register now only holds companies that are based in Northern Ireland that offer medicines over an online platform.
- Pharmacies that are based in Great Britain must be registered with the GPhC (General Pharmaceutical Council) and will appear on the register https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/registers . If you have any concerns with the pharmacy, please contact the GPhC.
- Pharmacies that are based in Northern Ireland must be registered with the PSNI (Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland) and will appear on the register https://www.psni.org.uk/search-register/ . If you have any concerns with the pharmacy, please contact the PSNI.
- Doctors prescribing medicines that are registered in the United Kingdom will appear on the GMC register (General Medical Council) The medical register - GMC (gmc-uk.org) . If you have any concerns about the doctor, please contact the GMC.
- MHRA is unable to assist in the matter of financial fraud. Please contact the Action Fraud, the UK's national fraud and internet crime reporting centre, who may be able help you, http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/
- MHRA is unable to assist with any orders placed with online sellers of medicine.
- Contact the Trading Standards for any concerns regarding purchases made over the Internet: https://www.gov.uk/find-local-trading-standards-office
- Contact the Food Standards Agency https://www.food.gov.uk/ for concerns of online platforms that offer nutritional supplements such as vitamins and minerals.”
- Contact the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) https://www.fda.gov/ , for websites based in the United States
- The safety of the medicine or whether it may be counterfeit or fake medicines should be reported using the MHRA Yellow card https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/
The MHRA may not respond to every email individually but will evaluate every complaint received and take suitable action.